Aug 4, 2014

Look out Bugs, Here I Come!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

Can you believe it?

It is finally here!!

We are off Wednesday morning, 7 am to Revelstoke!!


Today is packing day! 

 I am starting to get excited, next weekend I will be an Artist in Residence at Revelstoke National Park!! 

 Hard to believe that it is 30 degrees outside and I need to pack 'long johns'.  But myself and 2 other artists will be staying in a rustic cabin, up in the mountains and apparently it can get cold at night.  I know from our Tundra trips in the north that daytime temperatures are no indicator for the night ones and with no heater it could turn cold.  
Not sure how 'rustic' it is but no heat, water or electricity and we need flashlights for the outhouse.  To me it is still luxury camping - we will have a roof, walls, beds and we can stand up to get dressed.  What more can you ask out of life!!  
The plan is to hike around, there are lovely alpine lakes, trails to mountain views and the alpine flowers are suppose to be in full bloom.  I will be taking lots of pictures and doing some sketching on sight.  We also have a studio area we can work in during the afternoon and meet with the public a bit.  The big question is the bugs.  While I guess it is not a question, everyone says they can be bad, bring a bug hat.  I am hoping it is late enough in the summer that they are starting to fade away. (Well it works up North on the Tundra!)  Regardless, I have my supplies and I am ready to go!!

So Tell Those Bugs to move over, I am coming!!

We will be in the Park Aug 9-12, so if you are in the area, come and say hi.  Following this, we will each produce 3 pictures that will be part of year long traveling show to promote the parks.  Since this is the 100 anniversary of the National Park it is kind of exciting to be involved.  The show opens in Revelstoke in late October so I will keep you updated.

Very Exciting Note:
I just got word that my picture The Fire Dance, has been chosen to be in the 46th Open National Juried Exhibition of the Society of Canadian Artists!!!  The show will be Sept 6-27 in Salmon Arm so the news is just in time for me to take my picture with me.  The competition is very keen for an open national show so I am thrilled to be part of it!!

THE FIRE DANCE  - ink & watercolour - 11 x 14, $450

Special Note: To learn more about the Residency see my first three August 2014 Posts beginning with this One


No comments: